1. Yet for all Russia's pretence about a rebalancing of priorities towards Asia, since the fallout over Ukraine, it still measures itself against the West, and America in particular.
2. Here are four memorable designs from the year, including commentary from some of the artists who helped shape the looks.
3. 17 November
4. For the students interested in comparing school options around the world, US News released the fourth edition of its annual Best Global Universities rankings.
5. 2.Yeah, I’ll start working on that ASAP! – Because telling you I have 10 things to do first would just irritate you。
6. Transport Ministry spokesman Xu Chengguang told a news conference that no further signs of life had been found and the chance of finding anyone else alive was "very slim."
1. Salary three years after graduation and salary increase are the main criteria, each accounting for 20 per cent of the ranking’s weight. Most schools in the top 25 score well on at least one of these criteria. The top 10 schools would mostly also rank in the first 10 if salaries and their increases were excluded. The only exceptions are Nanyang Business School and China Europe International Business School, both underperforming in the doctoral and research ranks.
4. Companies are always looking to save money, and outsourcing some roles to freelancers can help. Virtual assistants can perform many of the duties of full-time staffers, but with less commitment. These workers could help expand a business, or just encourage things to run more smoothly.
5. But the statistics bureau attributed the overall rise in CPI chiefly to a base effect resulting from low prices a year prior.
6. McDonald's (MCD, Fortune 500), the all-American fast food Mecca, announced it would put $20 billion towards share repurchases and dividends Thursday, jumping on board the buyback trend that has boomed over the past 18 months.
1. A Beautiful China where the sky is blue, the land is green, and the water runs clear
2. 在被问及欧洲央行会不会采取更多行动时，朗伯德街研究(Lombard Street Research)首席欧洲经济学家达里奥·铂金斯(Dario Perkins)表示：“我不这么认为——除非全球整体经济出了问题。”
5. The illustration on Google's homepage on Monday may look pretty whimsical, but it's spotlighting a very serious issue: clean water. Not bad for an 11-year-old from Long Island.
6. Ranked 10th position, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China is the highest ranking Chinese company on the list.
1. Cannes' heckles and jeers are famous and the first film to fall foul of this tough crowd was Gus Van Sant's Sea of Trees, which was greeted by a storm of raspberries and thunderous boos at its press screening. Because these take place before a film receives its black-tie premiere, word quickly gets around and can cast a pall over the big event. When Naomi Watts and Matthew McConaughey took their turn on the red carpet, it had “a horrifically compelling walk-of-shame quality” according to the Daily Telegraph. But the Texan actor put on a brave face at a press conference shortly afterwards. “Anyone has as much right to boo as they do to ovate,” he said. I think we know what he meant.